Real-time Intelligent Automatic Strategy Generator
on a long/short, profit/risk, instant analysis platform
- Automatically generates long or short profit/risk-balanced trading strategies in real-time, based on proprietary AI engine technology. Choose default (trend filter and hybrid oscillator) settings or your personal system parameters, and let AQS-1 find the most profitable and reliable strategy for every chart, at any timeframe, on any market conditions.
- AQS-1 generates systematic strategies which are more likely to continue being profitable in the future (i.e., not profit-optimized and over-fitted), tailored to each individual security for all liquid equities, ETFs, futures and fx markets.
- 100% systematic approach to trading = 0% guesswork.
- Intuitive interface with an easy learning curve.
- Powerful analytical tools:
instantly verify your unique personal profitable trading strategy, with visual verification of comparable risk-adjusted profit.
- Infinite system-generation capabilities - fully-configurable parameters throughout all AQS-1 platform components.
Unlimited possibilities for that unique optimal strategy, for every security at every timeframe.
- Mix & match options:
manually select your AQS-1 strategy's entry or exit, and let the AI engine find the matching optimal exit/entry.
- Unparalleled Risk Management through dynamic Position Management:
intelligent and automatic position size management based on chosen strategy's historical risk, as well as the trader's personal risk-exposure, confidence levels and profit targets - determined dynamically by AQS-1 for each specific trade and security.
- Revolutionary Qualitative Analysis, a strategy confidence rating composed of four key metrics:
- AI Engine Performance - correctly measures and penalizes any optimization over-fitting.
- Strategy Performance - compares against buy/sell & hold and other performance metrics.
- Profit Consistency - measures smoothness of returns and penalizes for equity volatility.
- Statistical Power - penalizes for (and notifies if) insufficient data or signals to determine strategy reliability.
- Selectable date (and time for intraday charts) AI strategy generating period, ideal for back/forward system generation and testing.
- Synergistic and versatile trend filter:
when combined with the strategy engine, total combined profit is often greater than the sum of the two system components.
- Unique price/volatility hybrid oscillator with six automatic zones.
- Versatile and flexible:
- plug in your own custom oscillator and/or custom trend filter, and let AQS-1 find the optimal strategy for you.
- plug in any external trading system, and analyze it with AQS-1's quantitative/qualitative platform.
- Verify consistency of profits with multi-display of risk-adjusted returns over six timeframes.
- As with all MetaStockTools.com products, all future AQS-1 updates and upgrades are free for life.
A peak inside part of AQS-1's real-time AI engine process
- 132-equity heuristic AI engine, working in real-time for intelligent profit/risk system discovery.
- Generates a potentially infinite number of profitable strategies based on your chosen parameters.
- 4-stage qualitative analysis, including AI strategy engine performance.
- Selectable risk target - tailor your strategy to your personal risk limits.
- Automatic intelligent position size management tailored to the trader's own risk preference.
- Long/Short position and system generation, single switch for whole AQS-1 platform.
- Inbuilt adjustable date and time (intraday) period filters.
- Inbuilt compatible & adjustable trend filter.
- Fully-adjustable six-zone price/volatility hybrid oscillator.
- Automatic risk-adjusted profit and risk curves with buy & hold comparison.
- Selectable leverage limit - e.g., extendable for fx trading.
- Versatile: plug-in capability for additional custom trend filter, oscillators and external strategies.
- Realistic profit/risk curve, with additional 6-timeframe profit display:
- Comprehensive fully-featured and relevant trade statistics:
- Win % Rate.
- Average Trade Profit, Best Trade Profit, Worst Trade Loss.
- Avg Winning Trade Profit, Avg Losing Trade Loss, Win%-adj Win/Loss Ratio.
- Avg Trade Drawdown, Avg Win Trade Drawdown, Avg Loss Trade Drawdown.
- Avg Trade Span, Avg Winning Trade Span, Avg Losing Trade Span.
- Most Consecutive Wins, Most Consecutive Losses.
- Backtest Period, Avg Time in Market, Total Nr Trades, Avg Nr Trades pa.
- Individual strategy ID feature, for easy template cloning/naming/saving of an infinite number of personal strategies.
| AQS-1 intelligent system generation
||Traditional over-fitted optimized system
|Smaller yet smoother/consistent returns,
more likely to continue into the future
|Choppy returns, result of a few curve-fitted trades
which are unlikely to repeat in the future
- The temporary or permanent loss of trading capital, through the accumulation of trade losses.
- Displayed as cumulative drawdowns, the red plot below the green profit in all AQS-1 charts.
- Risk is dynamic - varies from trade to trade, from strategy to strategy, from day to day.
- Risk must first be systematically and accurately measured, before it can be managed in any way.
- The process of managing capital exposure to market risk, through systematic and accurate trade position size management.
- Must be a systematic process, not subjective.
- Must be tailored to the individual trader's risk aversion.
- It is not just about managing losses, but also about maximizing profits.
- It is an essential part of successful trading.
Professional risk-management is basically the mitigation of unacceptable or excessive trading losses, through systematic and measured exposure to market risk, matched to the trader's own risk tolerance. The aim is to maximize profits within the trader's risk boundaries. Through its 100%
automated methodical process, AQS-1's smart risk-management achieves all this and more.
Most traders don't give up trading when their capital is depleted 100%
- they will stop trading well before that catastrophic level, when losses reach 20-50%
of their capital. This capital loss limit (or psychological threshold) varies greatly from trader to trader. For example, a young trader's risk appetite is often more aggressive than an asset manager's or a retiree's. Therefore, risk management must be specifically matched to the individual trader's personal risk limits.
The notion of intelligent risk-management and risk/confidence-adjusted returns is somewhat difficult to explain to the general trading public. This is mainly due to popular misconceptions about profit, risk, and what risk-management is truly about. For example, simply setting aside a fixed portion of capital for each trade (e.g., 2%
), completely ignores the complexities of ever-changing risk. Money-management
are totally different, yet often confused concepts.
Risk-management - two real-life examples
Your starting capital is $250,000. Now imagine you are presented with two profitable opportunities, each with a markedly different risk level:
- A government-backed business venture that requires four times more capital than you have, but practically guarantees a $1 million profit.
- A lottery ticket offering a $1 million first prize.
would necessitate a large loan from your friendly bank manager. In practical terms, this means that you will be leveraged four times your original (insufficient) capital on this business venture. This being a relatively safe business opportunity, exposing yourself to four times your net wealth with x4 leverage (i.e., 400%
position size) is probably acceptable given the expected returns.
is obviously very risky - the odds of winning this particular lottery with a $10 ticket is probably 1 chance in 200,000. Accordingly, assuming being of sound mind, and given the considerable risk of an outright loss in this "investment", you would only allocate a very small part of your capital to this profit opportunity. A $10 lottery ticket would only expose a fraction (i.e., 0.004%
position size) of your capital to losses, which would mitigate the 99.9995%
expectation of loss in this risky venture.
There is no "up" without "down". There is no Profit without Risk. Neither can exist without the other.
Risk is a two-way street. While potential high risk can result in diminished returns through necessarily lower market risk exposure, lower risk has the opposite effect, and will often result in above average profits if taken advantage of correctly.
Excessively risky strategy (100% drawdowns), brought back to safe trading levels through AQS-1's systematic position size management
Being under-exposed to risk (resulting in lower profits through diminished opportunities), can result in a similar outcome to being over-exposed to risk - both result in lower profits over time. Many professionals understand this fine balance between under/over-exposure to risk, but until now were unable to measure it reliably and adjust their optimal risk exposure appropriately. Enter the AQS-1: it measures risk systematically for every security and strategy, and automatically determines correct risk exposure targeted to the individual trader's personal risk appetite.
Knowing profit and risk (both past and potential) is not enough for the professional trader. These two important metrics need to come together in such a way that a trader's risk exposure to the market is measurable and easily controllable, through accurate position size management. AQS-1 applies risk/confidence-adjustment to system generation and performance statistics, in order to display valid % pa
returns which are completely comparable between different strategies and securities, across all timeframes.
Low-returns strategy (4%pa profit), ramped up to good profit levels by AQS-1's automatic position size management
AQS-1 Risk Management - a tale of three strategies
|AQS-1 Position Size:
|Final Adj Profit:
|AQS-1 Position Size:
|Final Adj Profit:
|AQS-1 Position Size:
|Final Adj Profit:
GetRichQuick at first appears to be a great strategy to the untrained eye, but excessive risk results in the worst risk-adjusted returns.
SmartProfit offers the best risk/returns balance, with the best resulting risk-adjusted profit through 50% margin trading (2x leverage).
SlowNsafe's profit seemed to offer little in comparison to GetRichQuick, but on equal risk terms it actually outperforms it.
Apples to apples: all profit/risk statistics are rendered directly comparable to each other by the AQS-1 risk-levelling process, regardless of how different the trading strategies/securities/timeframes may be.
AQS-1 offers automatic and correct position sizing for every trade on every security/strategy combination, based on your personal risk target. And AQS-1 takes risk-management one step further: it adds a buffer of safety to risk exposure (adjusts position sizing further), based on a unique 4-component trade-confidence qualitative rating.
Essential trading questions
There are five key questions that any professional trader should ask before placing any trade. AQS-1 answers all of these without any distractions, cumbersome/complex operations or excessive/irrelevant information.
- Should I be Long/Short in this current market, or should I wait for more favorable trading conditions?
- If trading conditions are suitable, exactly when should I enter this trade? Entry signals should be systematic at all times - i.e., absolutely clear and objective.
- How much capital should I commit to this specific trade, based on historical drawdowns and my personal risk appetite?. i.e., how much risk should I be exposed to with this trade, through correctly-tailored position sizing?
- Exactly when should I close the trade? Exit signals should also be completely clear and objective.
- What is my profit and risk expectation for this trade? This can only be answered with a fully systematic approach to trading. Vague or subjective methodologies cannot be measured nor backtested for profit/risk profiles, which means that personal risk-management (tailored optimal exposure to market risk) becomes impossible to determine.
Any strategy which fails to address these essential questions in a clear and systematic manner, cannot possibly be profitable in the long-term. AQS-1's intelligent and systematic approach to trading is the professional trader's answer to all of these basic, but important questions.
A sample profitable AQS-1 Short strategy on an uptrending security!
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses" - Henry Ford, c 1920
Revolutionary new concepts are often misunderstood or unappreciated. For a recent example, just go back to the Internet of 25 years ago: few people knew it existed then, and even fewer could appreciate the impact the net would eventually have on modern society.
In a nutshell, AQS-1 introduces several revolutionary new trading concepts: AI-generated strategies, systematic risk/confidence-adjusted returns
, and instant visual verification of profitability. While the concept of a narrow Artificial Intelligence entity generating trading strategies may be new to trading, due to currently accepted ideas around AI technology it is somewhat easier to understand than professional risk-management
AQS-1 clean functional design philosophy
Successful trading is somewhat like driving a modern car: the driver should be in full control at all times, but he/she should not be distracted by information overload while driving (e.g., gearbox oil pressure, electronic ignition maps, etc). Unless you are a F1 driver, a dashboard full of technical gauges will only hijack your valuable attention, and distract you from a safe driving experience.
Although AQS-1 (with its 545 networked variables firing in critical order) is extremely complex under the hood, its interface is designed to give the trader full control while keeping his/her focus on the important aspects of the trading strategy. And just like driving a new car for the first time, a trader new to AQS-1 should be able to jump in the driver's seat and feel immediately comfortable with its intuitive interface, without a need for any distracting manual referencing.
AQS-1 incorporates a revolutionary new set of common-sense concepts and automated tools for the modern professional trader. This is a good time to leave behind ideas such as traditional Technical Analysis and static systems, and embrace the sophisticated technology of AI-assisted strategy generation tools which adapt to ever-changing markets.
AQS-1 is the end result of 16 years and 56,000+ man-hours experience in cutting-edge systematic strategy research & development. It would take sales of 10 times more MetaStock users than currently exist in order to pay for this effort. So, if money is not the incentive, what is the intrinsic motivation behind AQS-1's development?
In a nutshell, the AQS-1 project is the result of a desire to create something that is unique and interesting
, something of real quality and value, something that is purposeful and matters, that is part of something important. AQS-1 is a tool for those of us who seek financial autonomy, mastery and purpose. We hope that you can join us in this new era of intelligent systematic trading.
AQS-1 is yours for a once-only payment of $1,275
Only $975 ($300 discount!) for Stralliance investors and all MetaStockTools clients.
There are no other discounts or trial versions available.
AQS-1 is not available in countries which are lax about enforcing copyright laws.
AQS-1 is available mainly for personal use - asset managers please contact here.
AQS-1 runs on all MetaStock versions 8 and above. You no longer use MS?
AQS-1 is the one good reason to dust off that old copy of MetaStock!
AQS-1 is not for everybody - it is not openly advertised, nor available to the general public. You have landed on this page by exclusive invitation due to your kind MetaStockTools.com patronage in the past. The number of available AQS-1 licenses will be limited to only 250.
AQS-1 is too valuable to be offered at any price to asset managers, who may be in direct competition with the AQS-1 developer's core business.
It is unsuitable for inexperienced traders with excessive expectations, who may be unaware that 100%+ pa returns (with little or no risk) is not a realistic pursuit.
Between these two extremes sits the private trader. If this is you, AQS-1 will help you take your personal trading success up to the next level.